Investment based Working Visa:
An investment visa is a subcategory of the work visa, designed for those individuals who intend to stay in Hong Kong to actively participate in daily business operations.
In order to obtain an investment visa in Hong Kong, an individual should prove that the business entity engaged in Hong Kong, would enhance the economy of Hong Kong by providing proof of hiring local staff.
There is no monetary minimum required by the Immigration Department for an individual to invest in a business in order to obtain an investment visa. However, applicants should show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and the business in Hong Kong. Thus, sound financial statements are one of the supporting criteria required by the Immigration Department.
In addition, to distinguish an investment visa from a work visa, one should be a majority shareholder of the company and (should contribute significantly in a business sense.) Otherwise a work visa would be more appropriate.
Our procedure includes:
- Consulting on documents required for investment visa application;
- Preparing a specially tailored document checklist for you and your company;
- Completing all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for you;
- reviewing and organizing your documents in favor of immigration policy;
- Submitting your application to the Immigration Department;
- Replying on your behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration;
- Preparing and drafting all letters required for submission to Immigration;
- Monitoring the application process;
- Keeping you updated on the status of your application;
- Having the visa endorsed on your passport and delivered to you.
- Free consultation regarding your Hong Kong visa application;
- Advise you on your alternatives and the likelihood of success;
- Obtain your signature on the letter of engagement;
- Prepare a specially tailored document checklist for your application;
- Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
- Revise completed documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
- Submit your visa application to Immigration;
- Ongoing liaison with the Immigration Department;
- Accept your visa approval on your behalf;
- Deliver you rHong Kong visa;
- Offer advice on how to obtain your Hong Kong Identity Card.
- An application form ID(E) 999A with your signatures;
- An application form ID(E) 999B with your sponsor’s signatures;
- Copy of your passport (your personal particulars page);
- Your company detailed business plan;
- Copies of your sponsoring company’s business incorporation documents;
- Copies of your personal documents to prove that you need to be physically present in Hong Kong.
- 6-8 weeks after submission of all the documents.
- Your initial Hong Kong visa once obtained is valid for a maximum of 12 months (sometimes less).
- Once your visa has been approved, you can apply for your Hong Kong Identity Card.