skip to Main Content
+852-2721-6520 Suite B, 15/F, Kimberly House, 35 Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

defacto spouse visaA de facto spouse, i.e. one without a formal marriage certificate, is not eligible for a dependent visa. They can however apply for a prolonged visitor visa. This allows for an extended stay but does not entail the same rights and benefits as a dependent visa. A de facto spouse cannot work or study without the prior permission of the Immigration Department and is not eligible to apply for a right of abode after the customary seven consecutive years in Hong Kong.

To be successful in their application for an extension of stay, the holder of a visitor visa must provide the Immigration Department with proof of their reason for extending and proof of their financial status.

Our Procedure includes:

  • Consulting on documents required for prolonged visitor visa application;
  • Preparing a specially tailored document checklist for you and your sponsor;
  • Completing all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for you;
  • Reviewing and organizing your documents in favor of immigration policy;
  • Submitting your application to the Immigration Department;
  • Replying on your behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration;
  • Preparing and drafting all letters required for submission to Immigration;
  • Monitoring the application process;
  • Keeping you updated on the status of your application;
  • Having the visa endorsed on your passport and delivered to you.

Application Procedure:

  • Free consultation regarding your Hong Kong visa application;
  • Advise you on your alternatives and the likelihood of success;
  • Obtain your signature on the letter of engagement;
  • Prepare a specially tailored document checklist for your application;
  • Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
  • Revise completed documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
  • Submission of your prolonged visitor visa application;
  • Ongoing liaison with the Immigration Department;
  • Taking approval of your prolonged visitor visa application;
  • Get delivery of your Hong Kong prolonged visitor visa label.

Documents required:

  • An application form ID(E) 91 with your signatures;
  • An application form ID(E) 1003B with your signatures;
  • Copy of your passport (your personal particulars page);
  • Supporting documents to prove your long-term relationship with your de facto spouse.

Procedure Time:

  • 6-8 weeks after submission of all the documents.


• The extension of stay, granted on your prolonged visitor visa, will be at the discretion of Hong Kong Immigration.


Back To Top