skip to Main Content
+852-2721-6520 Suite B, 15/F, Kimberly House, 35 Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

faqsQ: What is Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)?
A: The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is point based immigration system in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

Q: Is there any quota system for QMAS?
A: There is a quota system for QMAS.

Q: What is the Minimum point needed to qualify for QMAS?
A: 80 are the minimum points to qualify for QMAS scheme.

Q: Is my qualification (Education, Work Experience etc.) is assessed by Hong Kong Immigration?
A: Yes, if the immigration official thinks that your qualification need to be assessed than the qualification assessment would be done.

Q: QMAS visa is issued for how many years?
A: Visas issued under QMAS are usually valid for one year.

Q: Can I study in Hong Kong?
A: Hong Kong offers you a wide range of post graduate studies with opportunities to study on taught Master degrees, diploma and certificates, research degree (MPhil and PhD) and professional doctoral degree programmes. Academic staffs are highly qualified and recruited worldwide.

Q: Do I need visa for Hong Kong for the purpose of study, employment, training, investment and residence?
A: Any person other than those who have the right of residence or right to land in Hong Kong must obtain a visa before coming to Hong Kong

Q: I am a UK citizen. Do I require a visa to land in Hong Kong? How long am I permitted to stay and can I workd?
A: British citizens can stay as tourists in Hong Kong for up to 6 months without a visa. However, if you want to work, study or joing/establish a business in Hong Kong, you ALWAYS need a visa. You must apply at least six weeks prior to departure at your nearest Chines consulate/embassy.

Q: Do I need a visa/entry permit for visiting Hong Kong?
A: Nationals of about 170 countries and territories may visit Hong Kong without a visa/entry permit for a period ranging from 7 days to 180 days. For more imformation on requirements for particular countries, please fill out the quick contact form and we would be happy to help you.

Q: During the process of concluding contracts, what business-related activities are allowed for a visitor?
A: During the process of concluding contracts, a visitor may perform business-related activities such as making presentations on products or services, negotiations, and signing contracts, etc.

Q: Who are lawfully employable?
A: Generally speaking, the following persons are lawfully employable:
a person holding a Hong Kong permanent identity card which contains the following statement on the back of the card: ‘The holder of this card has the right of abode in Hong Kong’; or a person holding a Hong Kong identity card who is free to take up employment in Hong Kong without the Director of Immigration’s prior permission and has not breached any condition of stay. To find out if you qualify for an ID card or are allowed by law to work in HKSAR, please contact us.

Back To Top